Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Springy Quilt for the Winter Weather


This is my house today.  On the weekend it was Spring!  There was no snow left anywhere in the yard, and I was wearing sandals.  Today is the second day of no school buses running.  It is very different than our usual snow storms.  It is only about -6C, so the snow is heavy and wet instead of dry and fluffy like we are used to.  But enough about that, this cheery spring colored Crazy Patch quilt belongs to Sharon.  We decided on the "Come Dance with Me" panto, and a wheat colored Omni thread.







One of the most wonderful parts of this job is watching a quilt transform while it is on the machine.  Sometimes I just find myself staring at it with a smile on my face.  I took some before, during and after photos while working on this quilt and thought I'd share them so you could see what I get to experience on a daily basis.





I had a great time working on your quilt Sharon!




2 comments:

  1. Love the transformation!! It is fun to compare the before and after as there is such a change.
    Looks like you have more snow than us now, guess I be bringing my winter boots when I come to visit in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun has been shining for days here. :) Though the snow is still around it does feel like spring. "Come Dance with Me" fills the borders nicely on Sharon's quilt. You definitely added some magic using this panto. I am sure Sharon will be pleased. I will try to remind Kathy to remember her winter, and rubber, boots!

    ReplyDelete