Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Radio Way



Cindy sent me this pair of cheerful lap quilts.  The pattern is "Radio Way" by Jaybird designs.  These are Cindy's first quilts and I think she did a fantastic job.


Both quilts have this nice modern grey backing fabric.  We decided to use Quilter's Dream Puff batting and two different pantos that were similar, but had their own character.


Cindy and I don't live close enough together to meet in person, so to give her almost the same experience she would have if she came to my studio I sent her photos with a variety of panto tracings placed on her quilt top so she could let me know what her likes and dislikes were.  I find these panto tracings take some of the guess work out of deciding if you like a panto or not.


Cindy chose "Tickle Too" for this one.


 And "Gothic Vine" for the second.



I must add that these photos were taken a few days and the ground is much whiter around here now!  


2 comments:

  1. I do that sometimes with pantos or with freemotion and even designs for customers--and for myself. It's a great tool to have. I do love all the Jaybird patterns.

    ReplyDelete