Friday, June 5, 2015

Twisty & New Pantos


This quilt was made by Amy.  It is from the book Modern One Block Quilts and the pattern is called "Twisty".  Amy had a vision for the quilting on this quilt as it is to be a gift for her friend and soon to be maid of honor who introduced her to quilting.  Her friend is a very traditional quilter, but liked this top, so Amy wanted a modern panto to finish it off.  I sent Amy over to Urban Elementz to see the wide array of pantos available and she sent me the names of some that caught her eye.  I decided to treat myself to a few more while I was shopping.  Here are the new pantos in my collection.

Prism

Hall of Mirrors
Gatsby



Bora Bora


Zephyr




 After a little preview of how my more modern pantos would look on her quilt, Amy decided on "Hall of Mirrors" and I think it was an excellent choice.


 


We used a medium grey So Fine thread, and a cotton blend batting over a fleece back.  The panto sure looks great on the back too.
















2 comments:

  1. Super choice of design and fabric, and the panto is the one I would choose too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The quilting looks gorgeous and the quilt is beautiful! Great idea to trace the quilting design on transparent sheets so you can see it on the quilt. I may have to start doing that. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete